Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Address change of CiscoWorks Server

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

If i change the IP address of CiscoWorks server in later stage whether it will effect the server performance??

Note: I do understand that all other networking device ip's will need to be changed also. My specific requirement is on CWLMS server performance after changing of the ip adress.

2 Replies 2

gaborjuhasz
Level 1
Level 1

AFAIK, CiscoWorks uses hostname for most of the communication. Only devices need to point to the new IP address. However, after changing the IP address, you must reboot the system on a Solaris server and restart the Daemon Manager on a Windows server. This is to make the changes effective.

To change the hostname of the CiscoWorks Server, you need to update several files, and reboot the server. It's a longer procedure.

For more details you can have a look at the FAQ:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.0/user/guide/diagnos.html#wp1091220

And have a look at the following in it:

- How do I change the IP Address of the CiscoWorks Server after installing it, or after running it for a while?

- Do I need to change the CiscoWorks configuration after changing the IP address?

- How do I change the Hostname of the CiscoWorks Server after installing it, or after running it for a while?

Hth!

Thanks a lot....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco