cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA UDP JITTER statistics forwarded as syslog

jollykyle
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to forward the IP SLA Statistics generate from running IP SLA UDP JITTER operations as syslog to a server. I'm using a 3750 series layer 3 switch.

I can generate syslog defining config changes/ip access logs and threshold violation messages against the avg RTT of those IP SLA operations. Unfortunately I really need either the AVG RTT or the statistics as a whole forwarded as syslog.

Is this possible.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Frey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

EEM can run commands and send the results via syslog.  Here is an example.

event manager applet sla2syslog
 event timer watchdog time 60
 action 010 cli command "enable"
 action 020 cli command "show ip sla statistics | inc Avg"
 action 030 syslog msg "$_cli_result"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

I am using traps to send threshold violations already, but I want either the whole statistics output via 'show IP SLA statistics' command or the AVG RTT on each operation to generate a pattern of life over time using something like Solarwinds as an overlay to visualise. 

I can't seem to find any reference to being able to forward that data specifically without the use of an snmp agent/NMS - of which I currently can't use.

Ideally I need to achieve this with what I have available on the L3 Switch logging direct to server.

Thanks!

Dan Frey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

EEM can run commands and send the results via syslog.  Here is an example.

event manager applet sla2syslog
 event timer watchdog time 60
 action 010 cli command "enable"
 action 020 cli command "show ip sla statistics | inc Avg"
 action 030 syslog msg "$_cli_result"

Thanks,

I have a problem in that I can't use applet only run. I have limited experience with this? Is this a dead stop or is there a command in which I can use with 'run'? There are no examples I can find.

Ignore me... I release me mistake

jollykyle
Level 1
Level 1

I am using traps to send threshold violations already, but I want either the whole statistics output via 'show IP SLA statistics' command or the AVG RTT on each operation to generate a pattern of life over time using something like Solarwinds as an overlay to visualise. 

I can't seem to find any reference to being able to forward that data specifically without the use of an snmp agent/NMS - of which I currently can't use.

Ideally I need to achieve this with what I have available on the L3 Switch logging direct to server.

Thanks again!

Hello,

where in the output of 'show ip sla statistics' do you see the AVG RTT value ? Can you post a sample output of that command ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: