cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA

jonhill
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently installed 2 6509's and also in the process of rolling out VOIP so I thought we would look at implementing IP SLA.

I've got 4 old 805's lying around which we thought we could use as responders, I've installed the latest firmware 12.3(26) IP Plus but I'm unable to find any IP SLA commands, I've also checked the Cisco Feature Navigator and it tells me the version I've got supports IP SLA.

What am I doing wrong?

Also will either th 2950, 2960, 2970 and 3560 support being responders and what version of software do I need if they do?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 805 supports IP SLA. The commands will all start with "rtr" and not "ip sla". The ip sla commands were not added until 12.4.

All the switches mentioned expect the 2950 support the IP SLA responder, and the 3560 also supports collectors. You need to be running 12.2(40)SE or higher.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

800's are SOHO and not supported for IPSLA.

If you get to the 12.4X line of code above IP base you should be fine.

If the 800's aren't supported why does it say they are on the Cisco feature navigator?

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 805 supports IP SLA. The commands will all start with "rtr" and not "ip sla". The ip sla commands were not added until 12.4.

All the switches mentioned expect the 2950 support the IP SLA responder, and the 3560 also supports collectors. You need to be running 12.2(40)SE or higher.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: