cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to PXE Boot into a different vlan?

Charles.White
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Basically, we have a lot of imaging right now. I was just curious if it was possible to dynamically put the machine into a different vlan when pxe booting to not use up the IP addresses in a scope. Of course, I could just shorten the lease times, but I was curious if it was possible to put them on a different vlan.

Thank you

Charles

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Never had this problem until people started working from home. Now I have some users that are imaging machines in bulk in their offices or labs to get machines ready to send home to the students. The machines are usually through out the entire campus and we never had this issue until now. But they are being pulled into a central area to make it easier to image and hand them out to students. Just looking for a different way than reducing the lease time on the DHCP scope.

I'll change the lease. Seems like that will be the easiest way to do it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- This requirement looks forced  and contradicts solid Intranet network management where devices can  be assigned to a vlan depending on their purpose, providing sufficient addresses (in the correlated dhcp scope). 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Never had this problem until people started working from home. Now I have some users that are imaging machines in bulk in their offices or labs to get machines ready to send home to the students. The machines are usually through out the entire campus and we never had this issue until now. But they are being pulled into a central area to make it easier to image and hand them out to students. Just looking for a different way than reducing the lease time on the DHCP scope.

I'll change the lease. Seems like that will be the easiest way to do it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card