cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a MIB/OID for NAT ?

dgalati000
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASR 1000 that is handling a lot of NAT translations.  Our customer is curious to know if we can enable MIB captures via syslog for NAT functions.  I can't seem to enter the image name properly in the MIB Locator.   Can someone give some help on finding an answer on this or steer me in the right direction ?

IOS-XE Software (PPC_LINUX_IOSD-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.1(3)S2, CUST-SPECIAL:V151_3_S2_SR617255895_2
1 Reply 1

Hi,

First let´s try to make it clear. On thing is Syslog and other thing is MIB.

Syslog is a protocol that allows you to send device´s logs to an appropriate server, where you can monitor devices´s activities. This is very helpful when it comes to troubleshooting.

MIB (Management Information Base) is a 'database' and allows you to read information on devices using the SNMP protocol.

As per your question, Yes, there´s an MIB for NAT, "CISCO-IETF-NAT-MIB". With this MIB in your hand, you can find out which OID you need to get the information you want. Then, you can use and NMS to show this information for you.

You can download MIB here:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/asr1000/asr1000-supportlist.html#_Supported_and_Verified

Hope that help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card