cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Isolation of networks and high security connection with minimum number of devices

SherineJeyaraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

As part of a research project, I need to securely download data from a web-based server to a gateway computer. From the gateway computer, the data needs to flow to a local network. Network diagram.PNG

I need to implement the above configuration with the following requirements. 

1. PC1 and PC2 are to be placed on a field almost 100 m apart (hence no cables). The gateway computer will also be placed approx 100 m away from PC1 and PC2. 
  2. The connection between the gateway computer and the web-server should be highly secure. 
  3. PC1 and PC2 are connected together in a local network and should NOT be connected to the internet to ensure security. 
  4. The data from the gateway computer should flow to the local network safely. 

Could you please help me suggest what devices I need to buy to achieve this configuration? I'm very new to networking and security, so please also explain why we need each device in the proposed configuration. 

Thanks! 

2 Replies 2

kubn2
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

So the diagram isn't very specific, we don't know what services are emulated by gateway computer and server so I will try to explain how it can be (probably) done:
Connection between server and computer gateway it should be VPN to provide secure connection, I would guess it will be site-to-site VPN if you want tunnel traffic from PC1 and 2 to server.
Gateway computer should act as a router. If computers PC1 and PC2 should not have connection to internet but only (I guess) to the server via VPN connection then ACL should be implemented with allowing statement allowing pc1 and 2 connecting to server via vpn and deny any statement

@kubn2 I liked your answer. I think you have got a solution from your network security connection with the maximum number of devices.