cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR4k netflow behavior

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

all, this one has me scratching my head. Has anyone else come across the netflow statements disappearing from the config, specifically on the ISR4k platform? 

we had 20 of our branch routers that we found were not sending netflow anymore. We know they had been as this was verified a while back, and we have audited saved config files and the commands were on the carrier facing interface. But the audit this morning showed that 20 sites no longer had the flow monitor statements on the carrier facing interface.

there's no other common denominator that I can see at this time. Some of these have been rebooted to upgrade software, some have rebooted due to power at the site, some have not rebooted in over a year, or had the carrier ckt go down. It's nuts, I just can't figure it out. I can only explain two of these as oversights since they have had their MPLS ckt upgraded, or the site moved to a new building. But the rest of them, I can find no reason for this.

this has not happened on our ASR1ks, which I know have been rebooted and have had software upgraded. Ditto for the ISR 2nd gen (19/29/3900s). It is only the ISR4k, and we have 4321, 4331, and 4351s.

I did a quick bug scrub and do not see anything relevant but i am going to look more in depth on this in the next few days

1 Reply 1

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

found it.....CSCvt48480.

time to start all over again............

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card