cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with backup NCS via NFS (Cisco Prime NCS 1.2.0)

Roman Kizyma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does someone have issue with backup NCS via externally mounted location (NFS)?

I have Cisco Prime NCS 1.2.0 and tried backup it to external resources, but I have issue with my free space:

NCS/admin# backup ncs repository backup_nfs

% Creating backup with timestamped filename: ncs-130131-0534.tar.gpg

INFO : Cannot configure the backup directory size settings as the free space available is less than the current database size.

You do not have enough disk space available in your repository to complete this backup.

DB size is 25 GB

Available size is 12 GB

Please refer to the command reference guide for NCS and look at the /backup-staging-url/ command reference to setup the backup repository on an externally mounted location

Stage 5 of 7: Building backup file ...

-- complete.

Stage 6 of 7: Encrypting backup file ...

-- complete.

Stage 7 of 7: Transferring backup file ...

-- complete.

I have tried to add additional space and use command backup-staging-url (my configuration: backup-staging-url nfs://server2008:/nfs), but it didn't help me.

NFS share works perfect. I have checked it via NFS repository:

repository backup_nfs

url nfs://server2008:/nfs

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NCS/admin# show repository backup_nfs

NCS-130130-1135.tar.gpg

NCS-130130-1137.tar.gpg

NCS-130130-1157.tar.gpg

NCS-130130-1158.tar.gpg

test-130130-1210.tar.gz

Everytime when I try create backup I receive error message "You do not have enough disk space available in your repository to complete this backup".

Does someone know how can I backup NCS system?

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How much space is availabe on that NFS mount point? It looks like to me from the error message that there is only 12 GB.... 

The backup-staging-url is just for a space used to stage the backup before it is written-----

Yes, you are right I have only 12GB free space, but on the my appliance,on the mount NFS share I have 70 GB free space.

See if running a cleanup will free up space in your /opt volume-

1. ncs stop

2. ncs clean

3. ncs start

Please go to Administration > Appliance to 1st take a snapshot of diskspace available before and after the ncs clean command to see how much disk space gets cleaned.

I have already done it, but it cleaned ~2GB.

Benjamin Story
Level 5
Level 5

Did you ever come up with a solution?  I'm battling this with TAC right now and going in circles.

Hi,

The solution which I found is: a lot of "SPAM" files (like crush dumps) which have more than 3G peer file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: