cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with LMS 2.5, Syslog and Checking Device Credentials.

ShaunGreen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have recently upgraded Ciscoworks and have most things up and running apart from a couple of items.

Firstly. Syslog Analyser - It takes approximately 15-20 minutes to load when you check on a certain device. The syslog file is approx: 9M. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Secondly. Firstly is it even possible to incorporate PIX's into CW. I'm not looking at doing admin via Ciscoworks but I would like to know if the PIX or an interface goes down. According to ciscoworks the PIX is in the common services but from RME -->Device Credential Verification Ciscoworks fails to Telnet to the device. But from the CW server you can telnet to the PIX using the configured ciscoworks username and password. RME is 4.0.0 and the PIX is a 525 running 6.1(2).

If anyone can shed some light on the above I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

The reason you are getting a lot of unwanted messages on the syslog analyser is because, you might have enbled all logs on the devices. The devices can be configured to send only required logs to the syslog analyser. For your second question, for PIX to be supported on Cisco works, you may require additional patch files. Check if you have all the required patch files to access and manage PIX from Cisco Works.