cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Java ans CW versions

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

I am having problems getting started with CW, and I don't have any experience yet to deal with it. Please pardon me if this is a bit of a newbie question.

My client PC has Java plugin 1.5.0-02, which is the latest version, as got from the Sun website. But whenever I try and start using CW (specifically when I try and set up the ANI, it tries to load Java 1.3.1 to the PC. Result: two Javas and a crash.

But if I don't start off with Java installed, then CW will not start at all.

I have RME with IDU 12.0, and Campus with IDU 11.0, and I thought these were compatible at least with 1.4.something. So why is it still trying to downgrade to 1.3.1?

Any ideas?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

17 Replies 17

OK, thanks for that useful information.

Slowly, slowly, al the peices are fitting into place.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

hi

try this also,

in the IE Tools->Options->advanced

uncheck "use java 2v1.XXXX for

and under Microsoft VM

check options

1.java console enabled

2.java logging enabled

3.JIT compiler for virtual machine

play around with these IE settings and see whether it helps you..possibly this will avoid IE crashing

rgds..

shiju

A good way to find older java versions is to head on over to java.sun.com and in the search field type in the version you want (1.4.2_06 or whatever) followed by the work "archive". First hit is usually an archives page with all the major revision and all the minor revisions for it.

Also, if you use firefox, there's a reg-key out there that enables you to use the 1.4.2 java client.. Just use the reg-hack and install java and you'll be good to go (mostly..).

Your best bet is to just stick to the one version of java.. If not there's a way to force which version the plug-in is using within the java-plugin in the control panel.

I look forward to the day when my concerns are about network management and not java revisions on my management PCs :)