cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licenses vs contracts

MorrisJM
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA5506-FTD-K9. I renewed my Threat Defense license recently. Now the 5506 doesn't see or accept the new license.  When I renewed the supplier created a new contract number. Should this make a difference? The service level is FTDLO. The license doesn't appear in my smart account and there doesn't seem to be any way to add it. I've contacted Cisco support about this, but they seem to move slowly. If anyone has had experience with this sort of problem, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Kindly seek assistance with your Cisco AM/SE.
Cisco's Licensing regime is very confusing (if not convoluted).
Prepare the purchase order and the purchase receipt (for the purchase of the license) and fax/scan them to your Cisco AM/SE to make their job easier.

Will do. Thanks.

Let us know how it goes.
You are not the first nor will be the last. Any information to help "victims" will be useful.

Will do. I appreciate your moral support. I must say that Cisco licensing is just about the most baroque institution I’ve encountered in high tech and I’ve been around a long time :-)

Cisco support fixed the problem. The problem was my fault because I didn't supply all the information about my smart account and virtual account to the supplier whom I was dealing with. My excuse is that I only have one smart and one virtual account and, furthermore, why didn't the supplier ask for them rather than making them up when executing the order. But, mea culpa: I won't make this mistake again.

If there is a "Smart Accounts for Dummies" document somewhere in the Cisco documentation, I would be happy to study it carefully :-) 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card