Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5.1 in aaa mode - ACS 3.3 configuration

CAMERON GILLIES
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured the LMS server in AAA mode and we can login on the LMS server but whenever we try to access any of the pages in LMS we get authorisation errors.

Following the documentation, we need to make configuration changes in the "CiscoWorks" fields under the group settings on the ACS server. However I cannot find the CiscoWorks fields under the group or user settings. Am I missing something ?

Many thanks,

Cameron

5 Replies 5

n.bowbridge
Level 1
Level 1

Did you tick the box to register all CiscoWorks applications in ACS? It's the last option on the AAA setup page in LMS.

Besides doing the registration (which is suppose to be automatic, but really isn't) you need to create a new super user role in ACS and give all the attributes for all the applications to it. The default registration just doesn't cut it.

The info you are looking for will appear under "Shared Profile Components" in ACS, once you have registered all applications with ACS.

Then you'll need to create a user in ACS for CiscoWorks, and give a role to his account based on the roles you define in "Shared Profile Components".

HTH

Nick

I have another questions regarding Ciscoworks configured with AAA to ACS server.

Once the registration is done and the super user creation is done, I could not see all my devices in CW. I believe this is because some of the devices' IP address in CW are not listed in ACS.

For devices with multiple IP addresses, is there a way to force CW to choose a particular IP address?

thanks for your help guys, what I found was that the registration was failing because the username I was using was not an admin in ACS. once I added this account it was sweet.

cheers,

Cameron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: