cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 Can't Archive Configs

rd9689
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running LMS 2.5 with the latest patches on Win2003. From RME I can collect running/startup configs. However, when I run a second collection I get the following message:

CM0060 PRIMARY STARTUP Config fetch SUCCESS for R1, version number 1 archived.CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for R1 Cause: CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required. Action: Verify that archive exists for device.

I am also unable to look at raw configs or do a comparison between running and startup configs in RME. I keep getting an error message CM0208 User not authorized to perform operations on device.

I tried deleteing and rediscovering the devices but no luck.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Bob

7 Replies 7

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Are the devices configured to use Tacacs login?

No TACACS. I'm getting the configs fine, but just the first time. The problem seems to be when I add a second version of the config.

thanks

Hi,

I'm also seeing the error "CM0208 User not authorised to perform operations on device" for lots of things, even though I have full admin rights.

I get a different error when I try to open raw configs though - "CEDT0035: Could not open configuration because Could not get commands from archive". I can open processed configs fine.

I'm patched to LMS2.5 SP1 for common services and RME.

Thanks

Stuart

I, too am experiencing the problems described above. Here's an example of the error message.

Protocol ==> Telnet

CM0060 PRIMARY STARTUP Config fetch SUCCESS for 10.x.x.x, version number 1 archived.

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for 10.x.x.x Cause: CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required. Action: Verify that archive exists for device.VLAN-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP.

CM0060 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for 10.x.x.x, version number 4 archived.

I checked the file permissions at %NMSROOT%\files\rme\dcma\devfiles. It appears that appropriate file permissions are set. I'm wondering why the running config fetch operation appears to succeed, but the storing in the archive fails.

Did anyone get this issue resolved? I'm running on W2K3 with sp2 on RME and LMS 2.5.

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

Here too. LMS 2.6 running on W2K3. Seems to be isolated to one device. Credentials are correct, device is not suspended, and it is local to the CiscoWorks server, so I don't think that timeouts are a problem.

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for hitsb1-msfc Cause: CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required. Action: Verify that archive exists for device.

Ok, I saw several suggestions about deleting and re-adding. I deleted from RME (not DCR) and re-added and it now archives ok.

Another mystery.

This is a bug (CSCsh69403). The workaround CAN be to remove and re-add the device. However, this error can also occur when LMS is misconfigured internally. Since removing the device and re-adding it worked for you, you're probably okay. But if it occurs again, you should enable ArchiveMgmt/Archive Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, reproduce the problem, collect the dcmaservice.log, and open a TAC Service Request.