cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 - DFM - Disable Alerting on Duplicate IP

tadams7541
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to clean up some of the false positives in DFM and have eliminated most of the ones I've seen by simply unmanaging interfaces or ports, but there is one alert that I can't seem to find a good way to get rid of. We have a few sites that have two 2811 routers at them for redundancy. These routers are configured to look exactly the same as far as interfaces and IPs go, minus a management interface and cross-connect, which of course would have to be different in order to manage the devices. For all other interfaces, the routers have the same IPs configured in a 1 to 1 mirror situation. The problem this poses, is that DFM sees these duplicate IPs and alerts on them. This is a fantastic feature, but for this situation, I would like to eliminate the duplicate IP alert for these routers only.

I've been looking at customizing notifications, but I can't seem to find where I can actually remove the alert from DFM. I've unmanaged all of the interfaces that are configured with these addresses, but it doesn't seem to make the error go away. I'm guessing it's picking these up when polling the Loopback0 interface, and then alerting on them.

Is there a way for me to remove the Duplicate IP alert for just these routers? I'm sure there is a simple answer I'm over looking, but if any of you know, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you cannot do that. The duplicate IP event is not one that is customizable.  DFM currently does not understand L3 redundancy, and thus throws these false positive duplicate errors.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you cannot do that. The duplicate IP event is not one that is customizable.  DFM currently does not understand L3 redundancy, and thus throws these false positive duplicate errors.

Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll just mark those alerts as acknowledged and disregard them.

What does this mean exactly ? "DFM currently does not understand L3 redundancy...."

Are they working on a change of this (mis-)behaviour?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: