cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0, ACS 4.2 and TACACS

Paul Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Excuse me if I am missing the point here but...we have installed LMS on two servers, server one runs the Portal, CS, CM, Assistant and IU; the second server runs RME, CV, IPM and DFM (as well as the default CS, Portal and Assistant). I have run through the workflow for server setup and set up the two servers to use our ACS server for TACACS. Now this is where I may ne missing the point - when I sign into server one, and click on a ling to an applet on server two it asks me to authenticate again....I thought that with a multi server setup, and TACACS then I would only need to authenticate once to access applets across both servers.

19 Replies 19

You configured the port 443 on the slave server in the SSO.

But you are not using HTTPS, so it should be the port 1741 (default).

But I think it is not a bad idea to change to HTTPS from HTTP ;-)

tried to change the 443 to 1741 - however when I hit apply it says that it is unable to connect to the server on that port.

I will say that none of these settings were input by me - I used the server setuo workflow and it did it all itself

Did you try to change from HTTP to HTTPS?

You can find it under

CS -> Server -> Security -> Browser-Server Security Mode Setup

Perhaps the workflow doesn't work for that part.

I think the port for the SSO and the port for web access should be the same.

Changed that (although I did have reservations as it is listed under the "single server setup" heading)....but I changed it on the second server anyway - and now cannot access the server at all - just get 403 forbidden...anyone know how to reset the browser security setting from the command line????

What link to the server do you use?

Take this one:

https:// without any port.