Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 Campus manager End Host report error

Almas Saiyed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have install LMS 3.0 on Windows 2003 standard edition. On Campus Manager, when I click on End Host

User Tracking Acquisition (End  Hosts)Not Available3383  End Hosts

A new IE windows open waits for 4 - 5 mins and give error "Application error:."

I have attachmed the error.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Almas Saiyed

6 Replies 6

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Almas,

Kindly post the output of pdshow and the screenshot of Common Services > Software Centre > Software Update.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. please find the output of pdshow and software update screen shot.

Thanks,

AS

Hi Alms,

Kindly psot the ani.log from the location CSCOpx\log. Also i would like you to upgarde to LMS 3.0.1 first and then LMS 3.2. Since you are already running LMS 3.0, you will be able to upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 and LMS 3.2 without any new license file and it will be free of cost ( for most of the customer who are running LMS 3.x can upgarde upto LMS 3.2 without any extra charge). The reason for upgrade is to get rid off all the old bug and hopefully that will fix your Campus Manager issue. too.

You can download LMS 3.0.1 from  here :- ( assuming you LMS server platfor is windows)

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=/cisco/crypto/3DES/cw2000/lms/3.0.1/lms30_dec07_update_win_k9.zip

To know more about bug fix in LMS 3.0.1 , check the below link :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps2425/ps7196/prod_bulletin0900aecd807211c6.html

For LMS 3.2, I will suggest you to order your DVD from the below link :-

http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/jsp/productUpgrade.jsp

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Thank you very much for reply. I have attached ani.log.

Thanks,

AS

Hi,

Thanks for the ani.log and from the logs, i found the following errors which are critical and seems that not all the Ciscoworks related services have correct startup parameters :-

Error found in log

Fri Dec 31 12:23:27 IST 2010] ERROR: CORBAREGISTRY:Unable to connect to ManagerControl object.  Reason: org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST:
  Could not locate the following Object:
     repository id : IDL:manager/ManagerControl:1.0
       object name : ManagerControl
         host name : lms
  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
1293778407375 December 31, 2010 12:23:27 PM ES_lms__1293774413718 lms Error EDSSY0012: Cannot connect to EDS.
org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST:

Could not locate the following Object:
     repository id : IDL:manager/ManagerControl:1.0
       object name : ManagerControl
         host name : lms
  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
    at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.LocatorBidder.getBid(Unknown Source)
    at com.inprise.vbroker.ProtocolEngine.ManagerImpl.startBidding(Unknown Source)
    at com.inprise.vbroker.ProtocolEngine.ManagerImpl.getConnector(Unknown Source)
    at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.DelegateImpl._bind(Unknown Source)
    at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.DelegateImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
    at com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._bind(Unknown Source)
    at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB.bind(Unknown Source)
    at com.cisco.nm.cmf.eds.manager.ManagerControlHelper.bind(ManagerControlHelper.java:58)
    at com.cisco.nm.cmf.eds.manager.CorbaRegistry.connect(CorbaRegistry.java:354)
    at com.cisco.nm.cmf.eds.manager.CorbaRegistry.reconnect(CorbaRegistry.java:366)
    at com.cisco.nm.cmf.eds.system.EventSource.run(EventSource.java:448)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Also, kindly let me know if its was ever working and did you ever change the LMS server hostname. Kindly let us know if you using a host-based firewall

or if windows firewall is enabled.

Mean while can you check the start up states for the ciscoworks related services in the services of the windows (start -> run -> services.msc). Apart from the ciscoworks daemon manager, all the other process should be manual startup type. If this is  not the case, stop the daemons and change the
states to the manual and start it back again after waiting for some time.

Also make sure DNS should be able to resolve the LMS server host name. Kindly try nslookup for LMS server hostname from the server itself.

Here is a list of all CiscoWorks services and their settings:

Ciscoworks ANI database engine :Manual
CiscoWorks Daemon Manager :Auto
CiscoWorks RME NG database :Manual
CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet engine : Manual
CW VisiBroker Smart Agent :Manual
CiscoWorks Web Server :Manual
CWCS Cmf database engine :Manual
CWCS rsh/rcp service :Auto
CWCS syslog service :Auto
CWCS tftp service :Auto

DFM dfmEpm :Manual
DFM dfmFh :Manual
DFM dfmInv :Manual

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Gaganjeet,

Thanks for your prompt reply, Actually I come to know that there is some issue with resolving hostname, so for that I have added my lms server's IP in hosts file.(c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts). As per your suggestion I have added my server's entry in DNS.

I was getting Endhost reports, but it suddenly stop working. For that I go through forum and find solution below:

Solution:

1. Stop daemons: net stop crmdmgtd
2. just go to following path:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\

webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib

and remove ctmregistry and ctmregistry.backup file.
3. Restart daemons: net start crmdmgtd

It work fine for 2-3 days I was so happy but then after I have to repeat above steps to get Endhost reports.

I have change CiscoWorks services and their settings as per your suggestion. also stopped Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) from services.

If I will find any issue then I will update.

Thanks again for your updates.

Thanks,
AS