Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 - HUM 1.1 -- Quick Reports -Generating and eMailing PDF-Reports

lo.mueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've a problem with generating and eMailing Quick-Reports in PDF-Format.

- I created a Interface Utilization QuickReport for all polled devices

- The shown report is good with directly viewing it

- Unfortunately with selecting attach report the only format sent via mail is csv.

- In Help it is stated that if emailed-pdf reports are required one have to select add full report, but indeed this does attach a report for all selected instances and not only the top10/botton10 instances.

Could this be a bug/design-error?

What we would like to have is a emailed pdf-report showing the top10/bottom10 elements and not the whole bunch of instances.

Thanks for any hint and tip

Lothar

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like a doc bug to me. The attach option should give you a PDF of the tabular instance data. However, it provides a CSV report instead. The full report option appears to be working as designed in that it gives you everything seen in the Quick Report you see in the GUI.

Hi Joe,

thanks for the update.

Do you know if the is a filed bug or enhancement-request for "emailed-pdf-report" options?

For us the CSV-Version of the reports is not suitable, as reports should be presented to higher level executives.

Will there be enhancements in reporting-output in HUM 1.2 (that might be integrated in LMS 3.2)?

Thanks for your update

Lothar

I will be filing a doc bug later today. There would need to be a PERS filed to track the need for a PDF option that just gives the top and bottom 10. In the meantime, you could transform the CSV into something more attractive in something like Excel.

I haven't seen any changes to the HUM email attachment feature in LMS 3.2 beta.

I filed CSCsz01572 to track the documentation issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: