Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2.1 - 'no pager' command

pawelkostera
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having some minor problem with the RME config puller:

Every time RME logs in to pull the config from my firewall (pix 535) it issues 'no pager' command, and doesn't change it back after the job is done;

So every time I log on to the FW I have to configure the terminal to 'break' the output page, which is very annoying;

Is there any way to change this behavior?

I have recently update the LMS to v. 3.2.1 and the RME is v.4.3.2 ; also I have all lates device updates;

I never had this problem before;

Thanks for your advice

Pawel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly enable the debug for Archive Management from RME > Admin > Log level settings > select ArchiveMgmt and select DEBUG for both the modules.

Clear out the contents of dcmaservice.log and then run the new sync Archive job again only on one problematic device.

Wait for the job to complete \ failed and then share the screenshot of the error and the dcmaservice.log from the location CSCOpx\log

Note :- dcmaservice.log might contain data that might be sensitive, so kindly clear out the same if required.

Explanation about the issue:-

RME connections to the PIX  and authenticates
It enters enable mode on the PIX
It then runs the command show pager to get the current pager configuration
It then enters the command conf t It then enters the command no pager Once it copies the config it then places the pager command back that it
read in the show command initially.

Rest dcmaservice.log will shed more light on it. Kindly let us know what version of  ios you are running on PIX.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly enable the debug for Archive Management from RME > Admin > Log level settings > select ArchiveMgmt and select DEBUG for both the modules.

Clear out the contents of dcmaservice.log and then run the new sync Archive job again only on one problematic device.

Wait for the job to complete \ failed and then share the screenshot of the error and the dcmaservice.log from the location CSCOpx\log

Note :- dcmaservice.log might contain data that might be sensitive, so kindly clear out the same if required.

Explanation about the issue:-

RME connections to the PIX  and authenticates
It enters enable mode on the PIX
It then runs the command show pager to get the current pager configuration
It then enters the command conf t It then enters the command no pager Once it copies the config it then places the pager command back that it
read in the show command initially.

Rest dcmaservice.log will shed more light on it. Kindly let us know what version of  ios you are running on PIX.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi,

Thanks for your respond, it let me found the problem:

the global 'pager' command was set to 0;

Every time I have logged on the firewall I would issue 'terminal pager xxx' command which is valid only for my session;

So, the LMS was pulling the config and returned the 'pager 0' command on exit which was valid from its perspective (as it was set like that at the beginning);

Thanks to your advice ( the debug file ) I was able to find this.

Thanks again,

Pawel

Hi,

My pleasure .Thanks for the update and closing the thread.

Regards

Gaganjeet