Network Management

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Monitor and Tweak Temperature Thresholds on Catalyst 6509 running Cisco IOS using SNMP

Hey all,We have two sets of Catalyst 6509s in our production enviroment and we want to ensure that when the temperature of the units reach a specific threshold (+ or - 5%), that a trap can be sent to our Network Monitoring Centre (syslog) allowing th...

NAM packet capture questions

Hi there,I have a NAM module running v4.1(1) installed in a 6500 and I'm trying to capture traffic coming in over my internet VLAN.   I setup the data source and I am able to see packets being captured, but the data has some significant gaps.  When I...

branfarm1 by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

NAM on VSS

Hi,I have NAM installed on 6509-E which is running on VSS. Due to some reason i need to change the NAM slot from 4 to slot 6.My question is: do i need any downtime for this activity??KIndly suggest.

acharyr123 by Participant
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! RME Error - HOME0004

Trying to open RME in LMS3.1 - I get HOME0004 error - unable to retrieve out-of-sync data. I have attached the RMEHome.log that details the error. I currently have the same privs that were present under LMS2.6. Note: sometimes this works, most of t...

marshajr by Beginner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

MIB Question

Hi all,I was playing with the Cisco IOS MIB Locator tool saw a long list of MIBs for 3845 routers running IOS 12.4(15)T9 - Advanced Enterprise Services.  Does this mean that all of the listed MIBs are already on the router for my NMS to poll?  Or doe...

Event manager applet screws up telnet

On almost every router that I have an event manager applet running, logging on has become a hassle. Typically, I'm greeted with the Username prompt 3 times in a row and/or it just says bad username and disconnects me. This makes it almost impossible ...

jasonww04 by Beginner
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Campus Manager

Hello,I wonder if anyone can help, I have 7 Cisco 3750s that as soon as the Data Collection Schedule kicks in, every 4 hours, SNMP stops on the switches.  The switches are still available on the network however Fault Manager and our separate SNMP mon...