cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 OutOfRange events in DFM

jmherlih
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few devices in LMS that are reporting several(close to 100) OutOfRange and OperationallyDown messages.  The following are a couple of examples:

Event_DescriptionOutOfRange
ComponentTEMP-172.16.1.1/3002 [Chassis 1 module 4 power-output-fail Sensor-Chassis 1 module 4 power-output-fail Sensor]
ComponentClassTemperatureSensor
ComponentEventCode1079
StatusOK
entSensorValue1
CurrentValue1.0 DEGC
RelativeTemperatureThreshold20.0 %
HighThreshold0.8 DEGC

Event_DescriptionOperationallyDown
ComponentCARD-172.16.1.1/3011 [Chassis 1 WS-F6700-DFC3C Distributed Forwarding Card 3 Rev. 1.0-Chassis 1 WS-F6700-DFC3C Distributed Forwarding Card 3 sub-module of 4]
ComponentClassCard
ComponentEventCode1073
StatusNOTPRESENT

For the top example I have modified the RelativeTemperatureThreshold to 20% from 10%.  Just not sure if that kind of action is recommended, as their are many devices in Switches nand Hubs that are affected.  I know I can make certain groups for certain devices or that I could simply clear these kinds of notifications.  But was wondering if there was another good way around these kinds of problems or notifications.  I have checked the switches that I am being notfied on and see no issues.  Any suggestions?  Any DFM upgrade that I am not aware of?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Jason

1 Reply 1

jmherlih
Level 1
Level 1

I just noticed that the devices that are doing this are VSS devices.  If anyone has any input that would be great.

Thanks.

Jason

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card