Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Syslog Collector error

bszemethy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

At RME: Tools Syslog Syslog Collector Status screen at table Collector Status No records.

I had changed hostname on this server and i have ran /opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/hostnamechange.pl script with proprer parameters.

Now I cannot add collector, because of  "SSL certificate status" error:

SSL certificate issue occurred, check if:

1. The Self-signed Certificates are valid. For example, Check the certificate expiry date on the servers.
2. The Self-signed Certificates of this server are copied to the Syslog Collector server and vice-versa.
To do this, go to Common Services > Server > Security > Multi-Server Trust Management > Peer Server Certificate Setup. and add the certificate. See the User Guide for CiscoWorks Common Services for more details..
3.The SyslogCollector process on Syslog Collector server and the SyslogAnalyzer process in the current working server are restarted after Step 2.
4.Both hosts are reachable by host name.

Collector status : Could not connect to the collector _myhostname_._mydomainname_ due to SSL certificate issue

I use an third party Certificate, and https access is working propery for user access.

I want to run Syslog Collector locally, syslog file is a local server hence I use syslog-ng for other reason.

This is my SyslogCollector log:

SyslogCollector - [Thread: main] INFO , 24 Mar 2011 16:47:45,305, Logging System Initialized.

SyslogCollector - [Thread: main] INFO , 24 Mar 2011 16:47:45,308, System Initialized.

SyslogCollector - [Thread: main] INFO , 24 Mar 2011 16:47:45,408, Queue Cap 100000

SyslogCollector - [Thread: main] INFO , 24 Mar 2011 16:47:47,699, Service started...

How can I correct this situation, how can I run Syslog Collector.

Balazs

1 Reply 1

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Try unsubscribing and subscribing the collector so it can accept the updated info. If that does not work, post the SyslogAnalyzerUI.log and SyslogCollector.log from CSCOpx/log directory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: