Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Unused Ports

rutledgec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to run a report from Campus Manager that will show me the unused ports on a few switches.  The catch is that some of the ports were never connected to an End Device.  From what I understand, the port has to be either Up or Down administratively (for the respective reports) and it has to have been connected to an End Device at least once. 

Does anybody know of a different way to get the data I need? 

To further explain, it seems we have a few data closets where a bunch of drops were patched in and never used.  I would like to avoid going through each building and writing down the unused drops and going back into the data closet to unpatch them.  I was hoping for a report that would just say, "On switch X, port y and z were never used." that I could hand off to the tech at each building.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

You can use RME --> Reports --> Report Generator -->  Select  "Inventory" and "Detail Device Report" to a get a list of the unused ports.

Look for "Interfaces" section of the report where it will list the "Admin Status",Operational Status" and "Last Changed" time. This information is updated each time and inventory polling and collection is ran.

Thanks, that worked great.  I did notice that was dependent upon the uptime of the switch.  I'm guessing any report I run will always have times that don't go back further than the uptime of the switch correct? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card