cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1, config sync partially successful.

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

After data migration from LMS 2.6, sync archive job fails with a partially successful result. This happens for all my devices.

Example.

*** Device Details for sw-extranet11 *** 

Protocol ==> SSH 

Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH,HTTPS,Telnet,TFTP 

Execution Result:

RUNNING 

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for sw-extranet11 Cause: CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required. Action: Verify that archive exists for device. 

VLAN 

CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for sw-extranet11 Cause: Command failedTELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 172.31.250.53 - Cause: Connection refused. 

VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP. 

Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required. 

or

*** Device Details for vpn-lybra *** 

Protocol ==> HTTPS 

Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH,HTTPS,Telnet,TFTP 

Execution Result:

RUNNING 

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for vpn-lybra Cause: CM0210 Unable to generate processed config Action: Verify that archive exists for device. 

Devices are managed, credentials are correct.

Thanks.

Andrea

5 Replies 5

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

1. SSH/Telnet into the device manually can copy the vlan.dat manually to the tftp server using  "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:" where the tftp is the LMS server.

2. Increase the timeout by twice the amount from Admin > Collection Settings > Inventory > Inventory, Config Timeout and Retry Settings.

3. Rerun the job again.

4. For CM0210 error on the vpn device, ensure that the configuration exist in LMS. Rerun a sync archive just for that device.

5. Post the dcmaclient.log and dcmaservice.log, and ICServer.log from CSCOpx/log after job completes.

Hello Nael.

I'm waiting for a firewall reconfiguration.

About vpn  device (VPN HW 3002). Search archive ends with this message "DCMA0057:  No configs found for the specified search pattern."

Sync job ends with a Partially Successful.

Regards.

Andrea

1. Try removing the device from the DCR and re-add it and see if the archive completes successfully.

2. Post your NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml.

3.  Verify that you have data in your "CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma" directory that contains the following:

• devfiles
  • userfiles
  • newbaselinetemplates
  • difffiles
  • shadow

If the above directories are missing, create them manually and grant "casuser" permissions to read/write the subdirectories.

Thanks Nael. I have already tried to remove and add devices. I'm going to create manually the directory userfiles and grant permissions.

Sync job continues to fail.

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for vpn-lybra  Cause: CM0210 Unable to generate processed config Action: Verify that archive  exists for device.

Regards.

Andrea

Felix2030
Level 1
Level 1

CM0210 Unable to generate processed config Action: Verify that archive exists for device.

I was getting this error with Cisco Prime LMS 4.20. It turned out that SSH protocol causes the failure. As soon as I enable telnet on the device, I was able to syn successfully. In original poster case, you either disable SSH or change the protocl order to Telnet first assuming telnet is configured. You can change the protocol order by going to Sitemap on LMS and press Ctrl+F "Transport Settings" and click that link.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card