cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1 system inventory collection do not run after installing RME device packages

kkolander
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

30 days ago I've installed RME device packages (Consolidated_dev_pkgs_over_RME501) on LMS 4.0.1. Since then the system inventory collection fails with error "Timeout. Make sure that ICServer is running." System inventory polling is successfull.

ICServer is running normally. If I start an inventory collection manually, it also fails with the same error regardless of the switch type.

If I start a "Detailed device report" for any device, I get a "Server side error".

I already restarted the daemon manager as well as the server. The server runs with Windows 2K8 SP2.

Regards,

Kerstin

3 Replies 3

skrowocsic
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem.

I restarted the server, and I launched th inventory collection.

The job has collected the information from 18 devices. It´s still running but it doesn´t collect anything.

I have opened "ICserver.log" and I found:

Exception in thread "Thread-17" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: hwVersion

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.LibInventory.EntityMibHelperMethods.mapSNMPValsToPort(EntityMibHelperMethods.java:2278)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedInventoryCatSwitch.ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.mapSNMPValToCompAttributesProcValsEntExtActiveProcessor(ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.java:529)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedInventoryCatSwitch.ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.populatingTheChassis(ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.java:284)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedInventoryCatSwitch.ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.g$eval(ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.java:136)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.ags.ContainmentAGI.g$eval(ContainmentAGI.java:21)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.initAndEvalAGIs(SdiEngine.java:383)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.request(SdiEngine.java:309)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.getDevRepr(SdiEngine.java:302)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.core.CollectionController.run(CollectionController.java:687)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I also opened "IC_server.log" and found:

[ mar jul 24  12:15:31 CEST 2012 ],INFO ,[Thread-17],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.XDILogger,77,com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedInventorySatellite.SatelliteHelperMethods,isVirtualMibSupported,32,

cisco virtual mib,exception while interpreting cvsChassisMode value

com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.SnmpValueException: Illegal Access. NoSuchObject being accessed as Integer.

[ mar jul 24  12:15:31 CEST 2012 ],INFO ,[Thread-17],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.XDILogger,77,com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedInventorySatellite.SatelliteHelperMethods,isVirtualMibSupported,32,

cisco virtual mib,exception while interpreting cvsChassisMode value

com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.SnmpValueException: Illegal Access. NoSuchObject being accessed as Integer.

Hi,

I resolved the problem by uninstalling all packages from the "Consolidated_dev_pkgs_over_RME501" and installed the old packages (we have a Legato backup every day).

The inventory collection now runs correctly. Device reports are also o.k.

Note: A restore of an earlier database backup doesn't solve the problem. I think that the device packages are not part of a database backup.

Best regards,

Kerstin

We have opened a case and the problem was relationed with a Known bug.

We have installed two patches and it works fine.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3754326#3754326

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: