Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 CiscoView

haidar_alm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We've recently installed some new Cisco 3750x switches on our LAN and CiscoView is not recognising them and has recommended that I update it to a newer version.

When I go on to   Software centre device update it's showing that there are 578 CiscoView device updates. When I click on check for updates I enter our CCO account which I can connect to using the Cisco Site as well and successfully login, however it's erroring out.

I'm leaving the proxy settings empty because we are not using a proxy server.

The error from the log file reads the following:

ERROR  [DownloadManager : queryAllPkgs]  : Exception while downloading CV packages from Cisco.comcom.cisco.nm.xms.vds.VDSException: CvHandler.getFileList:failed to connect to Cisco.com.

So, I thought this time I try to download the packages manually and install them. Based on Cisco Documentation I need to run the following command to determine the Device Packages by running the following command:
nmcview

However, when i run this command, it's not being recognized.

This is becoming frustrating because I'm trying to get these updates and non of the ways that I'm trying seems to be working

Can anyone please help?

Trying to use this link to do it manually:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_ciscoview/4.0/quick/guide/cvgsdld.html#wp1915

Many thanks,

H

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can download the updates directly from cisco.com via a browser session (not via the LMS interface) and the use the option in the LMS interface to install from local files.

The instructions you referenced above are for the previous version of CiscoView that was included in LMS 3.2. You should instead go to this page and download the 3750 package (14.0 - readme here) and required dependent dtshare package. Once you have those files on your server you  can update using either the GUI (choosing check from a server instead of from cisco.com) or CLI utility as explained here and here.

You should also really consider upgradng your LMS from 4.0 to the current 4.2 release. There are quite a few bug fixes and usability enhancements.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can download the updates directly from cisco.com via a browser session (not via the LMS interface) and the use the option in the LMS interface to install from local files.

The instructions you referenced above are for the previous version of CiscoView that was included in LMS 3.2. You should instead go to this page and download the 3750 package (14.0 - readme here) and required dependent dtshare package. Once you have those files on your server you  can update using either the GUI (choosing check from a server instead of from cisco.com) or CLI utility as explained here and here.

You should also really consider upgradng your LMS from 4.0 to the current 4.2 release. There are quite a few bug fixes and usability enhancements.

haidar_alm
Level 1
Level 1

That's worked a treat.

Many thanks for your help.

Are you aware if there is an issue with using the GUI to get updates from the server using CCO account rather than manually installing these packages?

Also, is 4.2 a free upgrade, or do I have to purchase it?

Many thanks,

H

Glad it worked for you.

The upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2 is included with SASU (Software Assurance Support plus Upgrade) contract coverage. If you do not have a current SASU contract you need to purchase the upgrade separately. The ordering guide here lists the necessary part numbers.  (It's not updated to reflect PI 1.3 yet but the same idea applies - PI 1.2 / 1.3 all include licenses for LMS 4.2.)