Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 Configuration issue

chs.gov.sa
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i installed lms 4.0 on win server 2008 enterprise edition  ( ip address 10.10.100.50 )but after installion i enabled snmp v2c on cisco switches by the following commands :-

snmp-server host 10.10.100.50 version 2c private

snmp-server host 10.10.100.50 version 2c public

snmp-server community public RO

snmp-server community private rw

access-list 10  permit 10.10.100.50 0.0.0.0

snmp-server community public ro 10

snmp-server community private rw 10

snmp-server enable traps

ip rcmd rcp-enable

ip rcmd remote-host CHS 10.10.100.50 CHS enable

ip rcmd remote-username CHS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then i start the descovering from -- admin --- dicovery settings --- seed ( contains all switches ips ) --- i chosed snmp v c2 --- then the target was all ip address of switches --- then discoveing by cdp

the result was all cisco switches added to DCR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one of the devices status was unknown ... i dont know why ??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i tried to create vlan by lms server to the core switch

i faced the following error

An error occured while performing SNMP operation.

Action:Examine and save the server log file and report the error to the product administrator for further action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and what about mdf ??

how i can configure that and is it necessary for fault report .

i need very well help

thanks all

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MDF isn't something that needs to be configured.  It is an architectural component of LMS.  The most likely reason you cannot create VLANs is that LMS does not know what your read-write community string is.  Discovery only populates DCR with the read-only string.  Go to Inventory > Add/Import/Manage Devices and edit the credentials for your switches.  Add the proper read-write community string, and then you should be able to configure the VLANs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card