cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.2 Can you exclude a device from Config archive?

mburrell5
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of devices such as Cisco Call Manager, or Cisco Wireless Controllers, etc that I want to remain in DCR but would like to exclude from the Config Archive process. Is there any way of excluding an individual device from this process?

Running LMS 4.2.2

Thanks,

Mark        

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not any direct way as such! For IOS devices and WLC's you may remove the telnet/ssh credentials, so they cannot be archived. call managers are by default not supported for config archive.

Another way is, you can disable the system polling and archive job, which runs by default for all the device, and create a scheduled job to run periodically, like daily/weekly/mothly etc for selective devices, excluding those which you dont want.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks,

I understand that telnet/ssh credentials can be left blank but the issue is that the unsuccessful devices show up in the Device Status and give the impression that there are reachability issues. Disabling the default system polling and archive job and doing a manual job sounds like a lot of work for a problem that I am prepared to live with. It would be a nice feature to have in a future release maybe......

To be honest, this option was available with older version of LMS, ie,  2.x and 3.x. Almost all the LMS users miss it and there is a constant feedback to LMS DE's to add it back.

Unfortunately, no information on when it would be re-included, as it needs some architechtural changes which was made for LMS 4.x series as a major design overhaul.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **