cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.4 Error RICS0001:Internal Error,unable to process the collected data from the device.

Hi

LMS 4.2.4 inventory collection fails with Error RICS0001:Internal Error,unable to process the collected data from the device for few devices.

Can anyone help me out.

Regards

Laxmi

15 Replies 15

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which device is failing? Share the device platform and show versions details. How many devices?

Are they same platform and IOS version? Were they successful before? Try to increase the SNMP timeout for them and try again on one single device.

Try to increase timeout from :

Admin > Collection Settings > Inventory > Edit the Inventory/Config Timeout and Retry Settings > select device > Edit device attribute > Inline Edit > Select device and increase :

Number of Retries(0 - 6) : 5

Timeout Interval(in seconds) : 30

Please enable debug for ICServer from :

Admin > System > Debug Settings > Config and Image Management Debugging settings

For all three modules present. Before running Inv job empty existing content from NMSROOT/log/IC_Server.log (win) or /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/IC_Server.log (unix/lnx).

if this happened after some upgrade or any other changes, please try to delete and re-add device if that is available option.

-Thanks

Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for reply.

The below devices are affected:

Cisco Catalyst 4507R-E Switch

Cisco Catalyst 4510R-E Switch

Cisco WS-C6506-E (VSS)

Cisco 7613 Router

I have tried changing the timeout setting for the device but still the same job fails with the error.    

PFA,

Regards

Laxmi

Hi Vinod,

Please find the IC_Server.log by re-creating the issue.

Kindly check.

Regards,

Laxmi

Hi

Anyone would help me out.

Regards

Laxmi.

It may be corrupt DB entry for the old inventory data. Sometime it may lead to this error. I dont see much details though on the logs.

We can try to remove the old Inv data from DB and re-try to run inventory. To do this:

1 . Goto this directory :

CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\debugtools\dbcleanup

2. Run script InvCleanUP.pl. Following is the syntax :

NMSROOT/bin/perl  InvCleanUP.pl      [Comma seperated Device Display Name]

3. Rerun inventory for the same device you cleaned inventory.

Share updates.

-Thanks
Vinod

Hi Vinod,

can you pls explain me with an example for the  above procudure.

Thanks

Laxmi

Hi vinos

What will the output of the scirpt??  Need confim if i have excuted the scrpit rightly. Still the same issue.

Thanks

Laxmi

Hi Laxmi,

1. Take backup copy of DBRecord.class from the location <>\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\inventory\ics\dbrep

2. stop the daemons

3. unzip and extract the attached class file and copy into the location <>\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\inventory\ics\dbrep

4. start the daemons

5. Run the inventory job and share the result

Note : if inventory failed again , revert the changes..

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi

Thanks Aforz,

The DBRecord class file shared by you was helpful,it working fine for 4500 series i am able to capture the inventory. But,still the same issue with other 2 models:

Cisco WS-C6506-E (VSS)

Cisco 7613 Router.

Thanks

Laxmi.

If for these devices you did not removed the old inventory. Like you did it for 4500 you can try to run the above mentioned InvCleanUP.pl for those failing devices once and try to re-run the inventory job.

Also, share the debug IC_Server.log if it fails again.

-Thanks
Vinod

Hi Laxmi,

Good to know ,it worked for 4500 

try the next step as suggested by vinod and if it failed again then share the IC_server.log file.

Note: clear the content of the file first

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Vinod/Afroz,

I have tried remoing the old data, yet the same.

PFA logs

Hi,

Any help on this.?

Thanks

Laxmi

Hi 

Now, when I created a new jobs for 6509-E(VSS) and 7613 devices. The Job fails with new msg "Device type not supported"

can anyone please confirm are these devices supported on LMS 4.2.4, or its could be an IOS Issue.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/device_support/table/lms42sdt.html

Thanks

Laxmi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: