Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.4 Threshold Settings and High Severity Faults

Boon Keat Gan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have implement the LMS 4.2.4 few months back. I tried to setup the unreachable alert when some switch is down. I understand that the new LMS do not have the feature and it only can send out alert when reach some threshold.

I tried to click on the Fault > Threshold Settings and getting the below error message.

Cannot retrieve the list of groups from the grouping service.

Please check the PTMClient.log file for more details.

I have attached the log files. Anyone know how can I resolve it? Really completely out of idea.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can download Windows, Solaris or Linux versions of LMS 4.2 from here and use them in case you have all the Hardware available.

http://software.cisco.com/download/type.html?mdfid=284259296&softwareid=280775102

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

your server has CTM errors as following :

27 May 2014|15:09:37.137|ERROR|PTMClient_Log|Thread-53|PTMOGSInteractor|getThresholdGroupFilter|.|CTMRequestProcessor::handleRequest() : java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
27 May 2014|15:09:37.139|ERROR|PTMClient_Log|Thread-53|PtmThresholdAction|perform|.| Exception occurred while applying OGS filterCTMRequestProcessor::handleRequest() : java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
27 May 2014|15:09:37.139|ERROR|PTMClient_Log|Thread-53|PtmThresholdAction|perform|.|java.lang.Exception: CTMRequestProcessor::handleRequest() : java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
	at com.cisco.nm.trx.ptm.ui.PTMOGSInteractor.getThresholdGroupFilter(PTMOGSInteractor.java:314)

It may be a corrupt DFM DB which may lead you to re-initialize your DFM DB, procedure here.

Mostly such CTM errors are sometime due to some port clash or resource crunch, try to remove/disable any unwanted third part software, specially Antivirus and Active scan for sometime and reboot your server to see it goes away. 

Hi Vinod,

I have done few times of DB re-initialize but no luck. It is on Solaris VM platforms.

Has it worked ever? I have seen similar issues 3-4 times and unfortunately majority of them had software issues which were fixed only after re-install.

Which version of LMS are you using?

-Thanks

Vinod

Yes, it worked but the problem will come back again.

I am using LMS 4.2.4 Solaris. Can I convert it to Windows version?

Unfortunately there is no convert option from Solaris to Windows. Cross platform restore is supported only from Solaris/Window to Soft Appliance.

So a backup taken on Solaris won't restore on Windows machine and vice-versa.

Either we have to start afresh on windows or get the VM for LMS and install backup their.

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi Arya,

Thanks for the response. I only have the OVA supplied by Cisco and it is on Solaris platform. Is that mean if i can download the LMS windows installer, i can use back my copies on Windows?

You can download Windows, Solaris or Linux versions of LMS 4.2 from here and use them in case you have all the Hardware available.

http://software.cisco.com/download/type.html?mdfid=284259296&softwareid=280775102

-Thanks

Vinod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: