Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 deployment issue

parhamkiani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

As We are new in deploying LMS, I was wondering if someone could to share some information with us.We aim to implemet LMS 4.2 in our network which is contained about 10000 devices. We have read the data shit as well as deploymnet guied but we are unable to figure out how to manage it. Does anyone know that how many servers do we need for 10000 devices?is it possible to implenet this scenario with one server? I mean do we have to buy a LMS 10000 license or two separate 50000 license in order to deploy a distributed server enviroment.Another question  is how can we find part number for ordering  LMS 4.2 as I checked data shit but not mentioned it there. your help would be highly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A new purchase would have to order using the Cisco Prime Infrastructure SKUs. Specifically for a 10,000 device license you would order R-PI-1.1-10K-K9. Reference this guide.

A 10,000 device deployment would need more than one server with roles distributed among them. Please see Table 2-6 and accompanying notes here. A single license suffices for a multi-server, distributed role deployment

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: