Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 User Tracking not enabled

Hi all,

I have an issue on some switches located on remote sites.

For all switches on the main site (where LMS is located) User tracking is enabled.

For switches on the remote sites, user tracking seems not to be enabled.

This means we can't run the reclaim ports reports on them.

Discovery, Fault Discovery and Inventory are enabled,

but User tracking and Data collection are not active on these remote swithes.

How can this feature be enabled? Can't seem to find it.

Thx in advance!

4 Replies 4

I can already update my own question :-)

When checking the devices that were available for the reclaim report, I discovered that the last run time of the User tracking & Data Collection was when I discovered them, right after the installation.

I now restarted the LMS application, and now I am able to select all my devices.

Is it possible to monitor the status of this somehow, and what might be the cause of the failure?

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

you need not to do anything on the switch..

You need to check if for those devices "Data collection " is running fine or not

I hope the device is managed in LMS , check the device here first "Admin > Collection Settings > User Tracking > Acquisition Action"

If the device is missing then delete it and re-add in LMS and run the Data collection followed by user tracking acquisition.

Are you using SNMPv2 or SNMPv3 on those devices ?

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi afrahmad,

It seems that restarting the application helped

Data is being collected and available in the reports.

great....

Thanks-

**Ratings Encourages Contributors****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: