Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS UPGRADE

adapozzo79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to update to the latest version a lms 2.5n , i see on the cisco portal the Following guide:

Ordering Information for CiscoWorks LMS 2.x/3.x Existing Customers

1. Determine the license count for your existing CiscoWorks LMS 2.x/3.x product and order the matching Cisco Prime Infrastructure major release upgrade part numbers in Table 5. When using the Cisco Ordering Tool enter the part number R-PI12-UP-K9 to access the options.

2. Purchase the Desired physical appliance if the appliance deployment option is a physical rather than a virtual appliance. Both Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco Prime LMS support the physical appliance deployment options. Each product stay connected its own dedicated physical appliance. Refer to Table 2.

3. Order an optional SASU support contract.

I also see that in the trial for lms there is a version for windows, so my question is, the step two is optional? or the appliance (virtual or physical) should be purchased?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS is now not sold separately, however if you contract allows you can work with Cisco to get a upgrade licence. AFAIK, LMS 3.x is also not being sold anymore.

LMS 4.x is now bundled with Cisco Prime Infrastructure.

You can go to www.Cisco.com/upgrade and enter your SAS/SASU contract numbers which can show you your elegible upgrades.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **