cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS4.2 NullPointerException with no User Tracking?

ww9rivers
Level 1
Level 1

I have just got LMS 4.2 soft appliance up and running. When going to Inventory >> Acquisition summary, I get a HTTP 500 error with

java.lang.NullPointerException.

That is obviously a bug somewhere (although the TAC engineer disagrees with me). I am just wondering if this is could have been caused by the fact that I have not done any user tracking on this LMS server yet?

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
     com.cisco.nm.ani.clients.utng.action.UTDiscoveryStatAction.perform(UTDiscoveryStatAction.java:47)
     org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1786)
     org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)
     org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)
     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
     org.ajaxanywhere.AAFilter.doFilter(AAFilter.java:46)
     com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:128)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.33 logs.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.33

1 Reply 1

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Usertracking is on by default so after some time it should have gathered UT info.

You need devices in campus 'Topology' of course.

UT is a subprocesses of ANIServer so you can't see it running, you can only see it in the status of the collection summary view.

You can crank up the debug levels to see whats going on.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: