cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS4 End Hosts/User tracking... link/routed ports?

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

I know it is possible to configure UT acquisition on trunk ports now, but is there a way to configure acquisition on routed and / or link ports (ports connected to another network device).  My users would like to see all active ports on the report, including those that are connect to voice gateways, VG-224's, and even those that are active but have no MAC association.  i am not looking for hosts or phones connected to these types of devices, just the devices themselves.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

In LMS2.6 I used Topology services > Managed Domains > VTP Domains which would list all ports, up or down, link or trunk.  I would then export that and augment the UT reports with that report, adding routers, gateways, access points, etc.  I just generated one in LMS 4 and these no longer appear?  There are both a "Link" and a "isTrunk" column in the VTP domain summary reports which used to contain "TRUE" or FALSE".  Now I am only seeing records that contain "FALSE" in both of these fields.  Ports which are links to other network devices no longer appear?