cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS4 End Hosts/User tracking... link/routed ports?

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

I know it is possible to configure UT acquisition on trunk ports now, but is there a way to configure acquisition on routed and / or link ports (ports connected to another network device).  My users would like to see all active ports on the report, including those that are connect to voice gateways, VG-224's, and even those that are active but have no MAC association.  i am not looking for hosts or phones connected to these types of devices, just the devices themselves.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

In LMS2.6 I used Topology services > Managed Domains > VTP Domains which would list all ports, up or down, link or trunk.  I would then export that and augment the UT reports with that report, adding routers, gateways, access points, etc.  I just generated one in LMS 4 and these no longer appear?  There are both a "Link" and a "isTrunk" column in the VTP domain summary reports which used to contain "TRUE" or FALSE".  Now I am only seeing records that contain "FALSE" in both of these fields.  Ports which are links to other network devices no longer appear?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: