cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for feedback on LMS 2.5...

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

Is reporting the same or better? Is there a better utility or way to report on user tracking? This customer has six Campus Manager boxes and three RME boxes. I see where there is a new centralized system for sharing device data across all apps and across multiple LMS servers. This would be ideal in an environment like this.

5 Replies 5

philh70
Level 1
Level 1

I don't like the RME reports as well as 2.2 but I've only been running 2.5 for a couple of weeks. Device management is 100% better in 2.5. UT has built in reports as well as the ability to write custom reports.

Phil, Thanks for the response.

I'm curious if anyone else out there that is using LMS 2.5 has anything to say about the new version...

I look forward to additional input.

Thanks, Rob

crose
Level 1
Level 1

Well we installed it and nobody here likes it. The user interface is aestheticly ugly and things are hard to find.

It reminds me of the WLSE interface but for some reason it just doesn't work. Still doesn't work under the new java 1.5 so I'm having to manually switch between JVM's for management functions as every other thing I have works under 1.5. It also needs a patch applied before the download using cco software update option works.

There is a SP out for the common services also.

mvervoorn
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed LMS 2.5 a month ago. I encountered on many bugs. I have at least 6 cisco TAC cases running where three from them are mayor bugs.

The technique behind LMS 2.5 is improved. Like one DCR database, SNMP v3, more reporting possiblity's. Most improved is the DFM console like some sort of service amangement tools, abbility to acknowledge alerts and add text to an alert.

My advise is not to upgrade yet. The product is improved but still to many bugs. Wait until the first service pack are released.

Regards,

Maarten

Thank you for the input.