Views
Helpful
Replies

Many Issues with PI2.2 and SNMPv3

BrianEschen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having many issues with PI 2.2 and am trying to set up SNMPv3.

My network uses a vast majority of 3750s running 12.2(58)SE2 and some 15.0(2)SE* as well as some Nexus 5596T 5.2(1)N1(6)

Bellow is my snmpv3 template that I deploy with PI. I get no errors and can confirm on the devices that the template worked. I can also confirm that SNMPv3 worked in PI 2.2 it also works on my cacti server.

Though another issue I have now is that my associated wireless clients fell off my like 1,000 hosts...

Client Hosts

Then I set up the credential profile and everything went downhill.  It should have gone very smooth, I have the same credentials on every single host. Once I created the profile and did a bulk edit and put it on all the devices everything failed with SNMP Connectivity, but I am not sure why, It works in cacti and I can do and snmpgetnext. Then when I go back to editing a device and just do a bulk edit and make everything the same it works fine for the most part.

When I go back to the device and click the Cerify Credentials I get the error bellow.

Here is my whole SNMP config

SNMP-server group PIv3Group v3 priv access 5
SNMP-server group ROv3Group v3 priv access 5
snmp-server user PIv3User PIv3Group v3 auth sha xxxxxx@m9 priv aes 128 xxxxxxh9Gr access 5
snmp-server user ROv3Cacti ROv3Group v3 auth sha xxxxxxaH priv aes 128 xxxxxxxxPVE access 5

snmp-server host 10.129.10.27 traps version 3 priv PIv3User 
snmp-server enable traps

ip access-list standard 5 
32 permit host 192.168.10.207

1 Reply 1