cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mapping Network

JWHolm81891
Level 1
Level 1

So, I recently came aboard with a gov't employer whose previous net admin did not leave any documentation whatsoever for me to work off of. I have never mapped a city-wide network before and after pulling info via 'sh cdp neigh', I am going through each city location and physically doing an audit of all equipment and verifying connections. I am not well versed in automation or scripting like netmiko or anything, (but I am studying them now). Is there anything or any additional info you guys can think of that I should be collecting to help me map out our LAN network or any advice at all really. It's been a while since I've worked on -prem. I believe there's a to map using SNMP, but I need to look more into that. Employer is not going to invest into any kind of mapping tools. 

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have any NMS ( some are free can give you abiltty what you looking for)

PRTG Free / License centrain level you can install get the information what you looking.

I come across one good tool (but need some Linux and Python based skill to get working)

https://github.com/MJL85/natlas

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

JWHolm81891
Level 1
Level 1

I have LibreNMS, but I have also noticed it is not picking up one entire site and it's missing some other switches. I'm not super familiar with LibreNMS so maybe there's some config that still applied? Idk. I'll take a look here at your link. Thank you so much!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card