cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring Raid Status on SRE-910 module in 3945 router

justin.hollis
Level 1
Level 1

I'm at my wits end here.  We just recently purchased a 3945 ISR G2 router and have a SRE-910 module (with two hard drives) configured in a Raid 1.  We are running a stand-alone version of ESXi on the service module and I'm trying to figure out how to monitor the status of the Raid on the drives (along with other health issues).  SNMP has revealed nothing so far and even opening a support case for which MIB's to use has proved fruitless.  All the documents I find on monitoring the modules say to use LMS which is now Cisco Prime.  I've downloaded the trial copy, put in the SNMP settings and scanned the router.  I get device results and it shows that I have the SRE-910 module installed, but I get no other configuration / device informaiton from the module itself.

I tried to create a new Monitoring template using the NAM health as the base template (which I'm assuming this is the correct template).  Unfortunately, when I acutally try to deploy the template against the discovered router, I get an 'Unexpected end of list' error which makes me assume I'm still doing something wrong.  I ANYONE out there monitoring the device health of their service modules in a 3945 router?  What am I missing????

2 Replies 2

justin.hollis
Level 1
Level 1

Oh, and by the way, I tried to monitor this through the ESXi host / vCenter, but even after pulling one of the hard drives from the module, neither software detected that there was an issue.  That is why I'm assuming that this will have to be monitored on the router side somehow.

Did you ever find any good way to monitor these devices?  Pretty poor design for a small-office deployment where remote monitoring is so so important!  Currently we're only using Ping.