Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM-2 "error communicating with RMon daemon"

abhishek.kala
Level 1
Level 1

NAM-2

We have NAM-2 installed in 6500 chasis. Some times in GUI It does not analyse the traffic and shows the error msg"error communicating with RMon daemon". But at the same time we can login to NAM through CLI,

The issue resolves by reseting the module by hw-module switch "" module "" reset but not always and happens not very often,

Device details:

NAM application image version: 4.0(1a)

Maintenance image version: 2.1(5)

NAM Daughter Card Micro code version: 1.34.1.28 (NAM)

BIOS Version: 4.0-Rel 6.0.9

PID: WS-SVC-NAM-2-250S

Memory size: 2048MB

Disk size: 250GB

Installed patches:

No patches are installed on this system.

Please suggest and help........

Thanks

3 Replies 3

abhishek.kala
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody faced the same issue earlier..???

What should be done so as to make it working??

thankss

Hi,

Try this and I hope it should help:
1. This will clean up the RMON tables. On the NAM CLI: config clear The NAM will be rebooted. This will also disable HTTP and remove the web users (such as the admin user). Once the NAM boots up, reenable HTTP and the web admin user: ip http server enable

If you still face the same problem again then I would suggest you to open a Tac case.

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj,

Thaks for your valuable suggestion. However the solution worked till yesterday and yester day we again faced teh same problem. As per our observation it occurs randomly after 1 month or two month. is there any BUG related to this or do we need to install any latest image than 4.0(1a). I dont understand why this RMON problem is occurring what causes the NAM to fail to RMON?

Please help me.