cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM span configuration

jeffliu
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6509, catos 7.6(2), with NAM module, 3.1(1a). When I try to creat a span session, it return an error saying "failed to creat span session...". However, if I do "show span all", it shows. I have tried to delete all span sessions as well as verify SNMP strings before I tried to recreat from NAM web console, it failed again. At this point, I am not able to capture or collect any useful information. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Are the any other modules like FWSM, IDS modules also installed in this switch?. Is rmon enabled when you do show snmp on the switch CLI?.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Are the any other modules like FWSM, IDS modules also installed in this switch?. Is rmon enabled when you do show snmp on the switch CLI?.

1, RMON is enabled

2, SNMP is enabled

3, Yes, indeed, there is a IDS module installed on slot 6.

You can do a erase config on the NAM and re-boot it. Disable the span on the switch cli first. Then configure the same snmp strings on the switch and the NAM and try again

I cleared the config on the NAM and reboot it. When I tried to do a span from the NAM web interface, the console log says that "failed to creat span session on mod 6", which is the IDS slot. I think I can take it from here.

Thanks for your feedback!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card