Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Device package for Call Manager to install in LMS 3.2

comsameer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anybody help me regarding device package for Cisco MCS 7835-I3 [Cisco 7800 Series Media Convergence Servers] . I have added Call manager in LMS 3.2.1 but showing ? as there is no device package installed in LMS.

with regards,

Nik

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Windows Servers and Domain Controllers are classified as Media Servers if (1) CDP is enabled on them, OR (2) the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB attribute hrSWInstalledName is populated with the string Unity. (The latter indicates that it is a Unity Server, which DFM displays as a Media Server in the Host class.

Mostly the CCM/UC's are day one ready for support. Please check if your CCM is snmp reachable without which it will not be coming to a known state and appear as a ?.

Please run a invenotry and see if is successful and if fails share the failing error. Enable SNMP service on CCM and configure the SNMPv1/v2c RO community string.

This community string should be added to DCR.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Ok, but how about config fetching? It drops errors like :

"

CM0056 Config fetch failed for OSTA-10001-CM1 Cause: CM0204 Could not create  DeviceContext for 163 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport  implementation for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Cause: CM0202 Could not access 172.25.110.1 via  SNMP. Action: Check the Read Community string Action: Check if required device  packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device  and required device package is installed. "

or if itsn't supported how to disable config fetching for CM devices to avoid generating tons of error messages?