cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig question

lni1
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to change the config on all access interfaces (no trunk nor uplink interfaces) on all our switches, Is this doable in CW ?

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

Belgian Railways

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is currently not possible in a programmatic way. The next release of LMS will have this kind of capability built in to the Baseline compliance feature. That is, you can match on things like "switchport mode trunk" then apply configurations only to those ports.

Isn't there really no possibility to do this ?

This problem is very urgent and I really need a solution to distribute a config to all access ports (about 500 switches).

Many thanks

Lieven Stubbe

Belgian Railways

The only way you can do this now is to know every port that needs this config change beforehand.

I don't quit understand what you mean, I have to do it manually ??

When is the release of this new version planned ?

I mean that if you have a rule the dictates which ports are access ports (i.e. all ports Fa0/2 through Fa0/23 are access ports) then you can deploy a Netconfig job based on that. But you have to know which ports meet this criterion beforehand.

LMS 3.0 is due out in spring of this year. It will have a feature in baseline compliance which will allow you to match on an interface configuration directive, then deploy configuration changes to all matching interfaces.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card