cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow Issue on ISR platform with 15.0(1)M4 Code

wieland-CA
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few people running on various ISR platforms with 15.0(1)M4 code sending netflow (not flexible netflow) to our collector.  We are getting most of the data, but missing either in data on some or out data on others.  We have ingress flow on both the WAN and LAN interfaces configured, which normally gives us all the data.  Just started running into this issue when we hit the ISR's with this code level.  Anyone know if there is a code bug or platform/IOS conflict?

4 Replies 4

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't know if it's a bug or whatnot, but since it's apparently ok to turn on both "ip flow ingress" and "ip flow egress" on the same interface, I wonder if that would get the missing flows back into the picture.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We tried that as well and it did not help.  When we run a tool for our netflow platform we can see that we are not getting all the flow data from the device.  If we go to the device it does not look like the flows are beging generated on the platform either.

Did you get this solved, I think I may run into the same issue (IOS XR 15.1)?

I got into the bug-Fix site and found that this release of code has several netflow bugs that sound like what we are seeing.  We have suggested to our customers to go to a higher version of IOS.