Views
Helpful
Replies

NetFlow on Cisco 6500

gabsfedor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have ingress flow export configured on a VLAN interface on a 6509 switch with the "ip flow ingress" command, from what I gather from this document

"http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a0080721701.shtml", that enables netflow on the MSFC level, is it necessary to enable it as well on the PFC level?. I only want to export the traffic that is being routed trough the VLAN interface.

Also I have noticed discrepancies between the traffic levels reported by netflow and what is being shown on the show interface command with the same time delta, could this be due to the way the statistics on show interface are taken?, is there any doc available that explains how this is done?, which is more accurate NetFlow or sh interface?.

Thanks

Gabriel 

1 Reply 1

Eric Hansen
Level 1
Level 1

Doesn't the layer 2 PFC handle layer 2 mac lookups in the cam table and determine if the packet is layer 2 or 3 operation?  Also, won't the MSFC work with the PFC when ACL's are present?  I would think you would need it.

e-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: