cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Device OS Management

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

What are people doing out there for device IOS lifecycle management? We have Solarwinds, but I am not sure how efficient that product is for software management. I do think that DNA can do it but we do not have that product. So just seeing what people do out there for ideas around management of these things.

3 Replies 3

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

A few years back when I was a more naive engineer I used Prime for device image management. For the most part it worked, but due to a lack of error checking it also caused a pretty large outage. I stopped using it for that function after that!

I have written python scripts to check running versions, upload new versions when required and reload the device.

I am now working with Ansible to audit and perform the necessary image uploads.

cheers,

Seb.

any recommendations on where to start? articles, blogs, etc, etc.

Prime Infrastructure 3.x new version is good and covered all caveats which had in earlier version on SWIM management. Software Image management. You can use Compliance module for auditing IOS device compliance with Reg ex expressions.

You can run Job to distribute and activate image for multiple device.

Zero Touch PnP module integrated with APIC-EM controller would help provision IOS device from scratch.

Easy Qos deployment to multi device and lots more...