cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Performance Data - Prime Infrastructure

nonamer15
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently running Prime Infrastructure 3.2. I've seen several devices where there is no performance data (CPU,Memory,etc). The device is successfully being managed by Prime and in some cases, also has an archived config. Given this, I see no reason why these devices would not have any performance data. These devices have also been in Prime for several plus weeks. Any ideas? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What devices ? can you post some configuration from Devices config ( SNMP)

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Most of the devices that I've noticed that don't have performance data are 'Connected Grid 10-port Ethernet Switch Module Interface Card'. I swear in the past I've seen some that have this data, but I'm currently not finding any that do. I'm not sure if there's an easy way to search this.

For the majority of our devices, the SNMP configuration should look like the below.

snmp-server community XXX RO ro
snmp-server community XXX RW rw
snmp-server location XXX
snmp-server ip dscp 16
snmp-server contact XXX
snmp-server chassis-id XXX
snmp-server system-shutdown
snmp-server enable traps tty
snmp-server enable traps ipsla
snmp ifmib ifindex persist

Bill Longman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have a monitoring profile configured? Is it applied to those devices? Are the devices configured to accumulate the stats? For the basics the devices probably don't need a configuration but for other metrics you might.

I think you're on the correct path. It appears by default, PI retrieves this data for Routers and Switches/Hubs. It doesn't look like the default policy will pull this information from Interface Modules.

I'm not sure how to edit this and the document I found online is different than what I'm seeing. Here's the link

Here's what I'm seeing. I'm currently at Monitor / Monitoring Tools / Monitoring Policies / My Policies. There's an 'Automonitoring - Device Health' policy that is only configured for Routers and Switches/Hubs.

pi1.JPG

When I select the policy and choose 'Edit', it takes me to 'Automonitoring', which I don't see how I can change the groups assigned to this policy from here.

pi2.JPG

pi3.JPG

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco