Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NXOS Syslog Over TCP

Hey everyone! Been a long time since I have been on the forums and looking to get back, been crammed in an overly specific hole for the last too-long number of years and recently changed positions into more of a "I own all aspects of everything start to finish" type role and was looking to sanity check myself on something. 

Within NXOS there is no available way to transmit syslog data over TCP akin to [logging host x.x.x.x transport tcp] on IOS XE systems is there? The only way I am aware of to transport syslog data over TCP on NXOS is to setup a secure TCP server [logging server x.x.x.x secure] but this then changes the port from 514 to 6514 right? Does anyone know if you can change NXOS syslog over to TCP still on port 514?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/92x/system-management/b-cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-system-management-configuration-guide-92x/b-cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-system-management-configuration-guide-92x_chapter_0...

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes, but in configuring NXOS to do a secure logging server doesn't this by default use TLS and switch the port over to 6514 from 514? What I am wondering, is whether or not there is a way similar to IOS XE to tell the transport to use TCP over UDP and not switch to "secure" thereby changing the default port number as well.

Hi, were you able to find a way just to change the protocol to tcp?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card