Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Obtaining 4451-x status

I have a 4451-x ISR and need a reliable method for determining if the router is powered on and functioning.  I have SNMP v3 available to query the 4451-x but have found that the method I use to query the 4451-x is dependent on which version of the IOS is begin used.  I recently updated to Fuji 16.9.5 IOS and now the method I previously used is failing and the program thinks the 4451-x is powered off.

I'm looking for a reliable solution that is not IOS dependent.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Which method did you previously use ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

?I'm not exactly sure what is being used. Unfortunately the response we get from the router is different depending on the IOS installed on it. I'm looking for suggestions on what is recommended that will not be subject to the whims of newer IOS versions.

- Status-OK deciding , may depend on factors which you consider important, have a look at the document below, then you may choose a number of core-parameters from the lists provided to monitor your device :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/technical_references/4400_mib_guide/isr4400_MIB/4400mib_04.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card