Views
Helpful
Replies

OK to install software on CML DevBox?

rwill0ncgov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying out the CML sandbox. Is it ok to install software on the DevBox that will communicate outside of the sandbox to another internet host? Specifically, I want to install a ServiceNow mid-server to connect to a ServiceNow Personal Development Instance.

Is this what the DevBox is meant to be used for?

Regards,

Rick

4 Replies 4

rwill0ncgov
Level 1
Level 1

hmm, I don't see a dpkg, so I guess it's not allowed, eh?

Martin L
VIP
VIP

No, I don't think you can do that at CML sandbox. I don't think u can install anything else on CML Sandbox.  To use custom images or servers you will need to purchase CML for home use.  There is a video on youtibe about setting up Windows OS inside CML (home version) but it looks like CML needs lots of disk space. 

Also, connections outside of the sandbox CML is via VPN and I never tried to connect anything else to it.  not sure if that is possible. Besides, can u just use vmware machine to setup your server, right?

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thanks, ML, for the response. Where you say "Besides, can u just use vmware machine to setup your server, right?", are you suggesting running a VM on my laptop that I'm VPN'ed in from? That's what I'm thinking I might try next.

I read "server" which led me to my old Windows OS server lab with AD, DNS, DHCP, Email servers etc over the Vmware. Not sure what traffic is allowed from/to CML sandbox.  Once you get new CML reservation and log in, there is a demo lab running, right?  it has external connector. Try that to see what traffic is allowed.  At Home CML version, that external connector should allow you to connect to your real gear or Internet but using Sandbox CML , I am not sure if the same is true because of that VPN link to CML.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: